Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sleepy Time

Hey everyone. Been on vacation for a couple of days trying to get caught up on my seminary studies. I was able to get a 14 page paper completed, so that's good. But I have a lot more to do and hope that I can knock off a couple of smaller papers in the next two days.

In mid-January, Lisa started talking about getting a crib. Somewhere along the line she decided to search Craigslist for one, and she found a couple of promising ones only to get return replies that the cribs had already been sold. In mid-February, she found one posted by someone in Hamlin -- which is like 15 minutes from our house.

We went to look at it and really liked it, so we ended up buying it. It's like 4 years old, and we got it for a good price. I don't know anything about crib styles, but it's a cherry finish and it looks pretty sweet. It goes together really easily, and it can also convert into a toddler bed. In the pic above, you can see the cats underneath it trying to figure out what it is! [btw, if u click on the pix, they will enlarge] Thankfully, they didn't get the idea to jump inside of it, but they'll prolly figure it out sooner or later.

For Christmas, I had bought Lisa a bedding set for a crib, so once it was put together, she wanted to see how the sheet, bumper pad and comforter would look. The pix to the right show the crib decked out in the crib set. You might be able to see the chairs behind the crib, which is in the living room. The night we got the crib, I set it up in the kitchen and then we carried it into the living room to take some pix. I didn't want to set it up in the baby's room because it hasn't been transformed from a home office yet. So there's a couple of desks, a file cabinet, a bookcase and some miscellaneous stuff that would have made setting up a crib a difficult thing to do. I figured that, once I got it put together, Lisa and I could just pick it up, carry it in there and set it down in a space along the wall where it would be out of the way for when we move the other stuff out of there.

Of course, I never figured on the doorway being too narrow for the crib to fit through! lol! I figured that since it we
nt through the doorway from the kitchen to the living room it would fit fine going into the baby's room. But it didn't. And even if it had, I'm not sure we could've made the turn required to enter the room anyway. So I took it all apart and carried it in piece by piece. Now it's stacked in the corner, and I prolly won't put it together until sometime in mid-May because by then I'll have graduated!!

Well, gotta go, but one more thing before I do. Lisa told me that a couple of you want to hear the song I wrote. That's a bit of a stretch for me to put it on the site for peeps to hear, but I'll get over it and figure out a way to get it on there so you can hear it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The crib looks great! Enjoyed the story about setting it up and having to take it down again...lol. Thankfully, we were given the heads up on that before we set ours up. We are so excited for you.