Today we got the call we've been waiting for! I was actually in the middle of doing a home visit with a client when my cell phone rang. I saw it was Ray and, even though I had been telling myself that we wouldn't be getting referral for a few more weeks, my initial thought was, "maybe we got our referral!" So I answered the call and Ray told me that Terra was going to conference call me to give us our referral! I somehow calmly told my client that I needed to go to my car for a minute. By the time I got outside I was crying. Terra called me just as I reached my car, and told us that she had our referral for a 4 month old baby boy. She told us she had a lot of referral pictures for us. She said she'd never seen a referral come with so many pictures! She e-mailed the pictures to us as she was speaking. I obviously couldn't see the pictures because I was sitting in my car, but as she spoke I could hear Ray in the background saying "Aww" "He's so cute!" So, Terra went on to give us background info on our baby, and we got off the phone. I thought about finishing my home visit for a split second and then realized I couldn't wait a minute longer than necessary to see my boy's pictures! Needless to say, I got back to my office as quickly as I could, looked at the pictures, and then left work early. I couldn't focus on work!
Terra told us that they would be trying to schedule a mid-October court date for us. They need to do this before the courts close on August 7th. Otherwise they will have to wait until October to ask for a court date, and it could delay things. Please pray with us that they are able to do this! I've seen my son's pictures, but now I want to hold him, kiss his chubby cheeks, and know his personality.
We're praising God for all he has done and will continue to do to unite us with our son, Jonas. The Hebrew meaning of the name Jonas is "Gift from God". We are so thankful for his gift.
9 comments:
Congratulations!! What wonderful news!!
~Susan (AWAA family)
I am so so so very excited to hear the news of your referral. I can't wait to see the pictures of Jonas and I am praying for your court date. It's going to be a long wait but at least you and Ray will be plenty prepared for travel ;)
I thought they would be assigning court dates through the closure. Is that not the case now?
So excited for you!!!!
AMY M
Lisa,
I'm ecstatic for you and Ray! Congratulations. We will pray that the court date gets on the calender in the next two weeks! I LOVE the name Jonas, by the way. HOW PERFECT!
Danielle
We are so happy for you! Congratulations! We look forward to hearing future updates RE: your travel and court dates. God bless.
Yay!! Congratulations on your referral!!! :)
Praying for your court date...
Tisha
HOW AWESOME!! I hadn't read the story yet!! I am praying that you will get a court date requested before the courts close...that would be awesome!! And I love the name :)
Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see little Jonas! We'll be praying for you court date.
With Love,
Penelope
So glad to here this! I am so glad for you two. We will definitely need to make visit up that way. Later dude.
Post a Comment