Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still Waiting for News....

Knowing that our court appointment in sometime this week (but not knowing the day) has been close to torturous. OK, not that bad. But it has been hard. Today is Thursday. I guess the news will come today or tomorrow. We know that if we don't pass through this time around (it's not uncommon), we'll have to wait another month for a new court date and our new tentative travel dates would probably be in December. If we don't pass it will be so hard to know that Jonas will spend another month in the transition home, not even knowing that he has a mom and dad who think about him constantly. But, God has been reminding me again and again this week that He is good. His goodness doesn't depend on my circumstances. No, he is simply good. I can trust him, even if Ray and I are not on a plane to Ethiopia on November 1st. I've been meditating on a couple of verses I read on Tuesday.

But Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in Him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out it's roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
it's leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7-8

Oh Lord, the king rejoices in your strength.
How great is his joy in the victories you give!
You have granted him the desire of his heart
and have not withheld the request of his lips....

For the king trusts in the Lord;
through the unfailing love of the Most High
he will not be shaken.
Psalm 21:1-2 & 7

Admittedly, when I first read these verses my first thoughts were not so noble. I didn't want to have to experience any more heat, or times of drought, or have circumstances threaten to leave me shaken. But the more I thought about them, the more peace I sensed from God. He has already done SO MUCH to unite us with Jonas. The journey started years ago and has not been an easy one, but I would do it all over again. I cherish all of the ups and downs that have led us to be Jonas' parents. God surely granted me the desire of my heart, and did not withhold the request of my lips. I do not know what will happen in the courts this week, but God does. So, I will trust. I want to be like the tree whose leaves are always green and who never fails to bear fruit. Who knows, maybe very soon I'll be posting Jonas' pictures with the news that we've passed through court!

2 comments:

beBOLDjen said...

So I am ahead of you here but I am waiting anxiously for the pics of Jonas!!! Get them up already! HAHAHAHA

Anna said...

Oh Lisa ---I am so thankful for what God did in court yesterday for you guys and for what He is doing in your heart...making you like Jesus and drawing you to Him in these times! It is beautiful!!