We've had a very eventful few weeks! Sunday afternoon some women from our church threw us a baby shower. There were about 70 women there and we got so many great gifts! We're pretty much ready for him. We just need to buy some diapers, formula, socks, and a few more outfits. We got 2 car seats, the high chair, a stroller, the complete bedding set and valances for the nursery, diaper bag, clothes, bath toys, sippy cups and bottles, an activity center, and so much more. We were also given many donations to bring to the transition home and orphanage. We have several pairs of Croc sandals, clothes for kids and babies, bibs, bottles, soaps and lotions, socks and underware, books, etc. When I get a chance I'll post some pictures from the shower and pictures of the nursery.
We got an updated picture of him yesterday and he looks happy and healthy. It looks like he might be growing into those chubby cheeks of his! We also got an updated weight, which will help us to know better what size clothes he'll be wearing. A couple of days ago we also got some video of him! It was from a couple weeks before we got his referral, so he's much younger in the video than he is now. His cheeks were HUGE! So cute. We got to see his smile for the first time! In the video he coughs a few times and then smiles. He looks adorable when he coughs and his smile is so sweet!
We got tentative travel dates today! If all goes well in court (probably sometime in the next couple of weeks) we're scheduled to travel on November 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I also got some bad news today. I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago for some pain I was having off and on. She sent me for an ultrasound and then a CT scan a week later. I had an appointment with her on Tuesday and she said that I need to have surgery to remove a 5 inch by 5 inch abdominal mass (most likely a cyst related to endometriosis). She won't know until they open me up whether they can do a laparoscopy (recovery in 1-2 weeks) or a laparotomy (recovery in 3-6 weeks or more). She told me Tuesday that they would try to schedule the surgery for as soon as possible. The office called me today to say that the surgery was scheduled for 10/22. The nurse said I would be fine to travel on 11/1 if they do a laparoscopy, and that I could "possibly" travel that soon after a laparotomy. I don't like "possibly". I left a message for the doctor to see if we could put the surgery off until after we travel. The doctor called me back the one time today that I walked away from my cell phone. She left me a message that they're going to try to reschedule the surgery for SOONER, but it will all depend on the OR schedule. The nurse is going to call me tomorrow to let me know if they were able to reschedule the surgery. If they are not able to, I'm going to ask to have the doctor call me again so I can find out if we can push the surgery back. So, I guess I'll know more tomorrow. Please pray! I know that God has been in control of this entire process from the beginning and Jonas is our little boy. We want to be united with him as soon as possible, but I'll trust my loving Father.
2 comments:
Abdominal mass is not uncommon. I often hear someone having this problem in Japan too, and actually my cousin had too. So I believe you should be fine. However please take care of yourself. Everybody would be sad if something happens to you. Please show Jonas his mother in good shape.
Glad to hear about your travel dates!! That is so exciting. Praying that your surgery gets worked out as well.
Blessings,
Hilary
Post a Comment