Monday, August 31, 2009

Introducing the Newest Member of the Hammond Family!


According to the ultrasound, it's a girl! We will name her Ava Grace Hammond. In Spanish Eva (pronounced Ava) is Eve, and Eve means Life. So her name will mean "Life Grace", for by God's grace he has given us this little life. I just keep thinking about how much God has blessed us recently. There were times a few years ago that it seemed like we would never know the joy of parenthood. Both pregnancy and adoption seemed so far out of reach. Now we have a son and a daughter, and know the miracle of adoption and pregnancy! God's love and strength were with us when we were in the midst of the pain of infertility, and his blessings and healing have been poured out on us by first giving us Jonas and now Ava. Wow. I feel so inadequate to receive such blessings. But that's the awesome thing about God. He blesses us simply because He is Love!

In other news, we are in the process of buying our first house! That's another thing that I thought was impossible that God has made possible. I'll write more on that later!

1 comment:

beBOLDjen said...

Congrautlations! ...Such an exciting blessing! Ava is a beautiful name!