Friday, September 14, 2012

Jonas started Universal Pre-K last week, which means he is at the preschool at our church every weekday morning.  I started to get sad a few weeks before school started because it hit me that I wouldn't have any more mornings with Jonas.  I think it hit me how quickly this time with my kids passes and all of a sudden I could imagine him graduating from high school!  I told myself that if it seemed too rough for either of us, I could always drop him back to 3 days a week.  But a week and a half into it, I know I won't be doing that.  He loves school and I love that he is doing so well there. 




Two days after school started, look who learned to ride a bike without training wheels!



This video was taken the day after he learned.  The evening before, we were hanging out at our church playground and I walked inside for about 5 minutes.  Suddenly Ray and Jonas are coming to find me, telling me they have a surprise for me.  When I walked outside, Jonas jumped on a bike, got a push from Ray, and started riding!  He just learned how to do it on his first try a few minutes after I walked inside.  Yep, they really do grow up too fast!

My baby is getting big too!  She started going to a 2 year old play-group at the preschool this week.  She was so excited to go!  She put her backpack on and wore it like a badge of honor, like it identified her as a big girl.  She even sat still for me to braid her hair in 2 french braids.  When we got to her class, she marched right in without a moment's hesitation.  I think it helps that her class meets in the same room where she has Sunday School every Sunday.




In adoption news, we are planning a fundraiser at the end of October.  Since we have about $18,000 left of the estimated $32,000 to pay, we are going to have to think of creative ways to raise money.  So, we're going to do an on-line auction right here on this blog.  Right now I am working on gathering donations from family and friends.  So far we have some great things- a painting, baby blankets and sweaters, jewelry, a photo shoot, etc.  If you have an item that you would be willing to donate (and ship to the highest bidder), please send me an email- rlhammond3@gmail(dot)com.  Otherwise, be watching for our auction to begin!



No comments: