Sunday, July 20, 2008
Exciting News
I found out yesterday that a family who sent their dossier to Ethiopia when we did received their referral this past week. This is very exciting news for us! We never expected anyone from our dossier group to get a referral so soon. The last estimated wait time was 7-9 months, so we weren't expecting any news until at least late August. This family waited a little less than 6 months! So according to our best guesses, we're either #3-5 in line for an infant girl, or maybe #1 in line for an infant boy!!!!!!!!!!!! It's still hard to figure out exactly what this means. At first I thought it meant we'd definitely be getting the next boy, but I don't think we can be sure yet. For instance, I guess if there are 5 families waiting for girls and 6 baby girls in the orphanage, we might get a girl, because a family in line after us is requesting a boy. But there are families after them requesting girls. So, if there are fewer girls, or more than 1 boy, we'd probably get a boy.... I can drive myself crazy thinking of all the possible scenarios! The exciting thing is that we may get a referral sooner than what we thought. Sometimes referrals come a few times a month, and sometimes only once a month. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm excited to think that it could be any day now that we see a picture of our baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is exciting news, Ray and Lisa. My husband, Greg, and I are also in the waiting phase. We are about six weeks behind you. It's always so encouraging to hear of someone receiving their much-anticipated referral. We pray for God's favor upon you in the coming coming weeks. You are so close!
Blessing to you,
Bobbie DuBose
Yes!! Any days now!! Can you believe it! I can't wait to hear your good news...the suspense is killing me :)
Any news??? Lol....I am a little anxious..can you tell??
Maybe you could write some kind of equation that will calculate the referral possibilities automatically so you don't have to stay awake at night wondering if you left out any scenarios. :-) I have SO been there and am thrilled for you guys that your referral is just around the corner!
Post a Comment