Saturday, September 12, 2009

Prayer for Baby Ava

We've had a couple of ultrasounds that show that Ava's stomach is midline in her abdomen, instead of off to the left like it should be. Thankfully, everything else appears completely normal and healthy. The perinatologist that spoke with us after the last ultrasound explained that when they find something abnormal in an ultrasound they try to rule out birth defects and problems that could go along with that abnormality. Everything they know that could be wrong was ruled out. The only thing they can't see is whether or not the intestines are rotating normally. The technology just doesn't allow them to see that detail. If the intestines are not rotating normally it could cause an intestinal blockage. There was no blockage at this time though. The perinatologist told us that we could be "cautiously reassured" that the baby will be fine, but he couldn't say for sure. I would rather have some plain reassurance without the caution, but we are trusting that Ava is in God's care. I'd just like to ask for your prayers that the Lord will continue to protect her as he forms her in the womb, and that there will be no intestinal blockages (or other complications) now or after she's born.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139: 13-14

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

4 comments:

Anna said...

Praying for Baby Ava - that God would touch her and set everything right in her body and for you to have His Peace and Assurance. Love the verses you posted..Praying for you also as you are also going through cutting the molars! one day this too shall pass! :-)

beBOLDjen said...

Praying for Ava! Your baby bump is GORGEOUS!!!!

Rebecca Caldwell said...

We are saying a special prayer for baby Ava- and you look so cute with your little belly :) And I love your new family pic too :) Beautiful!

Mariko said...

Please take care of yourself. I pray for you all and baby Ava.