Ava normally wants to eat around 6:30am, so I've been using the time as she eats to read my Bible and pray. Starting my morning this way prepares my heart, mind, and attitudes for the day ahead and hopefully helps me to be a better mom. Of course, I can always find ways I fall short (I'd like to be Super-Mom) but I'm learning to give myself some grace.
Jonas is still doing well. There were a few times this week that he decided to misbehave to get attention, but we're working on that. Having 2 kids has forced us to make sure that we are really consistent in our discipline with Jonas. We always said that we would pick our battles, praise good behavior, and make sure that we disciplined the attitude of his heart more than just his actions. But I admit I sometimes used that as an excuse to ignore negative behavior when it didn't seem convenient to discipline him. Thankfully, we reminded ourselves that it is soooo important to be consistent (I know, that's basic Parenting 101), and sometimes that means giving him a time-out. He is already responding well to this by listening to us before a time-out is needed. He seems to have grown up so much since Ava was born. He's using more and more words and putting more of those words together in sentences. Here is the proud big brother holding his little sis.

Ava is growing and gaining weight! At her 2 week Doctor's appointment she was up to 7lbs 11oz. She has started having a bit of a fussy period in the evenings, but we are learning what she needs when she is like that. Here is our little Princess smiling!
No comments:
Post a Comment