"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord"
I Samuel 1:27-28
In response to God's love and the gift of Ava's life, we dedicated her to the Lord in church on Sunday. Ray performed Jonas' dedication, and that was very special to us. But this time we decided it would be nice if Ray took off his pastor hat for a few moments to just be one of the dads. There were four infants dedicated during the service, all born within four weeks of each other. Two of the couples had experienced secondary infertility and one of the couples lost their first baby when she was only a few days old. Then there was us... blessed by both adoption and pregnancy. It was a very special dedication service.


Ava wore the dress that I wore when my parents baptized me as an infant. I'm glad they kept it. Maybe someday I will have a grand-daughter who can wear it. :)


To my children,
Jonas, you are my long awaited first child. Ava, you are my beautiful surprise. Both of you are gifts from God and I love you both so much. You are God's creations- unique, special, and greatly loved. He has great plans for your lives! My greatest prayer for you as your mother is that you will come to understand the love of Christ and who God has made you to be in Him. I pray that you will discover the unique blend of talents, abilities, and heart's passions that he has placed in you and that you will grow up to be people of compassion, mercy, and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment