Monday, April 27, 2009

"Photo Shoot" in a Special Outfit

We finally took Jonas' picture in a very special outfit. Ray's uncles, Ray, and his 3 brothers all had their 1 year pictures taken in a blue sweater outfit with white strips and little white seals. Long before we started trying to start our family, I knew I would want to carry on the tradition if we ever had a son. So, I considered it a huge honor to have the outfit passed on to us to borrow for Jonas' picture. The outfit is special because of all the little boys (now mostly men) who have worn it in the past, and the special little boy of our own who can now wear it. I decided I would take the picture myself. I tried getting a good shot a few days before he turned 12 months old, but I couldn't get him to sit still. I decided it would be a better project for Ray and I to tackle together. One person could entertain Jonas, get him to smile and sit still, and the other person could take the pictures. We finally got around to doing this on Friday, a few days after Jonas turned 13 months old. The weather was beautiful, so we decided to go to our church and take some pictures outside. We eventually moved the "photo shoot" inside the church because Jonas seemed more interested in pulling up grass and flowers than in smiling for a picture. It was a lot harder than I anticipated to get a good shot! We took a ton of pictures just trying to get one where Jonas was looking at the camera and sitting still. I love the "blooper" pictures too though, because they show his personality. Here are a few:

"Ooooh.... grass!"


"And flowers!"


"Can I touch the camera?"


Drumming his hands on the stage floor. "This makes a cool noise!"


"Hey, the plant gave me bunny ears!"


Typical of Jonas, moving his hands and feet in excitement.


Finally, this is the shot we're keeping and framing. Grandparents, watch for your copy in the mail (whenever I get to the post office)!


"We're finally done? I'm outta here!"

"Hey mom and dad, are you coming?"

1 comment:

Rebecca Caldwell said...

He is so happy! What a smile...